HYGIENE AND SAFETY PLAN
CONCERNING THE OUTBREAK OF CORONAVIRUS - COVID 19
The Hotel Louro*** is fully committed to receive its customers with maximum security, ensuring their well-being, that of their teams and partners.
In this context, we have adopted all the measures recommended by the National Health Authority (DGS), World Health Organization (WHO) and Tourism of Portugal (Stamp Clean&Safe), to ensure the best functioning of our services according to 3 essential principles:
- To safeguard the necessary social distance
- Ensure the existence of personal protective equipment
- Reinforce cleaning and disinfection measures
- We limited the hotel occupation rate;
- We created the possibility to check in online;
- We organized the attendance processes with available signage to keep the distance between the client and the employee, whenever possible;
- We reduced the maximum capacity in the breakfast room;
- In the breakfast, we replace the buffet service with a card service, with a system of shifts, and the guest must book the time in advance, with hygiene of tables and chairs between each use.
- In the rooms, the storage and cleaning operations are obligatory without the presence of the client;
- The swimming pool is temporarily closed until the appropriate safety standards are available;
Personal protective equipment
- Our employees are equipped with all the necessary PPE's, according to the task to be performed, being the mask always of mandatory use;
- We advise the temperature measurement to all employees and customers;
- It is mandatory for all customers to wear a protective mask, which is also available for purchase at reception if required;
Cleaning and disinfection
- We provide our clients disinfectant gel for use in the different social areas of the hotel (reception, breakfast room, pools, floors and sanitary facilities);
- All equipment (pens, terminals for payment, etc.) are properly disinfected after each use;
- We have intensified the hygiene and disinfection of surfaces, contact areas and shared equipment, using cleaning products with antiviral action (EN 14476);
- We maintain rigorous cleaning and disinfection of all water, air conditioning and ventilation systems;
- We guarantee the occupation of the room only after an extended period, never less than 24 hours, after the exit of a client.
- Because everyone's safety is our priority!
- We have an area to isolate people detected as suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19, with natural ventilation or mechanical ventilation, and with smooth and washable coatings, bathroom, stock of cleaning materials, surgical masks and disposable gloves, thermometer, self-contained waste container, waste bags, used laundry bags, kit with water and some non-perishable food;
- We will always have an employee responsible for triggering the procedures in case of suspected infection, to accompany the person with symptoms to the isolation space, provide the necessary assistance and contact the National Health Service;
- Following the suggestions of the DGS, we will decontaminate the isolation area whenever there are positive cases and reinforce the cleaning and disinfection procedures whenever there are suspicious cases;
- The storage of waste produced by patients or suspected of infection in a plastic bag which, once closed, will be segregated and sent to a licensed operator for the management of hospital waste with biological risk.
- All employees received specific training on:
- Internal protocol concerning the outbreak of COVID-19;
- How to comply with basic infection prevention and control precautions related to the COVID-19 outbreak, including hand hygiene procedures, respiratory tagging and social conduct;
- How to comply with daily self-monitoring for assessment of fever, cough or shortness of breath;
- How to comply with the guidelines of the Direction General of Health for surface cleaning and treatment of clothing.
- The collaboration of our guests will be essential to ensure your safety during your stay, so we recommend:
- The use of protective masks in circulation in social areas (mandatory);
- The hygiene of the hands, using our alcohol gel dispensers for this purpose
- The maintenance of the safety distance of 1.5/2 meters from other guests and employees whenever possible;
- The realization of online check-in;
- Prior reservation of breakfast services;
- Reading of the internal contingency plan regarding the outbreak of COVID-19 and compliance with basic precautions for prevention and control of infection caused by the new coronavirus.
For further information, please read our available Contingency Plan.